These past few nights had been cool and rainy. And they made for a good time to reflect on all that had happened lately. Nothing bad happened, of course. But tonight, I managed to find some time to slow things down abit and catch up on everything which had gone past in this new year.
In short, I feel I have been blessed. Blessed with a good start to 2008, blessed with new challenges and blessed with meeting people who gladly lend a hand to help along the way.
Nothing's easy and plain sailing of course. And nothing's too difficult to be impossible too. It all go back to whether one is willing to give it a try and face the challenges. At least later on in life, I can look back and say I did give it a shot. And nothing short of trying it with the best of my ability.
Perhaps sometimes, I gotten a bit too ambitious and gotten too game to try out everything and then ended up stretching myself out too thin. It's times like these where I should then sit down, review all that happened and plan the next steps. I realised after a while, I got too complacent and end up losing focus of where I want to go.
"Begin with the end in mind" as the wise ones always say. How apt. And then there's also the saying "It is not the destination, but the journey that matters more". I guess the two saying work hand in hand together. It is not a rush to reach the end of the journey to achieve what we want, but rather the experiences we picked up and the people whom we meet as we proceed on to reach it.
God will have a plan for all of us. And He will show us the way. But we'll have to do some work as well, coz nothing hard earned, nothing cherished.
No comments:
Post a Comment