Monday, October 20, 2008

a post of collectively incoherent contradictory thoughts

It's always my favourite time at night to start thinking and blogging. Perhaps it's the quiet of the night and the occasional sounds of cars zipping by that are soothing. Quietness and the occasional zipping... contradictory huh?

Is that how I operate daily in life? Wanting the best of both worlds? Or is it more of sitting on the fence? At the end of the day, nothing's achieved.

The recent course I took got me thinking deeper within about what I want now, which I feel is really beneficial. It seems, so far, I have been always taking the 'safest' route in life. Trying to stay in the middle lane of sorts... so that I won't feel hurt and sad, but neither would I be daring enough to take a challenge for myself and risk getting a disappointment. All this I feel are very 'safe' for me, ie not wanting to feel any negativity in life. But it seemed that along the way, i have also sealed off my enthusiasm and drive in life as well.

I guess that's fine if I do not mind living like a zombie for the rest of my life. But I have come to realise, no, that is not what I want. There is only 1 chance in life. So why should I waste it? So why not? If it isn't meant to be, then move on. And if things are meant to be, it'll find a way. :-) (Ok, Twinstar, so i paraphrased)

But i guess my point here is that I'm definitely more open-minded now. And I shd stop ASSuming people's reaction to what I say/do. Perhaps this is something I want to leave with everyone who is reading this. BE OPEN! Be open to look at everything. I am not suggesting to accept everything, but rather to honestly and truthfully look at what something may be worth. Be it a relationship or any venture in life. There is really nothing to lose.

There is another interesting fact which I discovered from my course coordinator on Saturday. There was a short telephone interview as I'm to start my advanced module this week. We would often say to ourselves "Think hard and whatever we wished (really hard) for will come true" Similarly, it's the same with "If you think you can't, then you can't" Basically I realised that they are all in the mind.

What I suggested to myself is... to let my heart rule the mind. For I know that in my mind, I'll be influenced either in a positive or negative way (Well, positive is not bad i suppose), while in my heart, is where my true feelings are. And to really embark on something I really wanted badly, I'd listen to my heart, for that is where my purest of intention is.

No comments: