Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The day I decided to stay home...

...well.. it's one of those days where I exercised my rights to choose and not go to work due to illness.

Yes, I have also fallen victim to the infallible cough, sore throat, runny nose/flu outbreak that had been on for quite a few weeks since after CNY. I completely lost my voice on Sunday, but that's due to another story.

Been to the doctor's on Monday morning to get some medication for the coughing I been having only at nights. And seemingly also in cold places the coughing act up quite badly. And also due to my loss of voice, I managed to convince the doc to give me a cough mixture with a higher potency. Muahahha!

Anyhow, my colleagues suggested I take a day off to rest at home, at least keep the virus away from work before everyone in the office gets it. So working along that line, I decided to do so today and catch up on some recuperating.

It wasn't exactly all that serious that I had to be confined to bed. So in the late morning, I went out and got my car serviced. Got the oil changed, some scanner lights installed (so that I can be reminded that I have locked the car. Something which I always forget if I had done so or not) And also a voltage stabilser fixed, which is a small device that supposedly smooths out the voltage from the battery and puts the power to use more efficiently. The result, better transmission and fuel saving. Anyway, I shall see how it helps in the fuel consumption in the next few days.

Went jogging in the evening with a friend. Have a bit of hesitations whether to run or not, since I was coughing. And there's also a broken left knee which hurts if I did anything more that 5km of running. Anyhow, I did it. Carefully be aware of my knees and managed to do 4km today. Timing was still quite within the target I set, and can be better if I keep up the training.

I remembered just yesterday, I texted a friend and she was mentioning abt wanting to take some time off and rest at home (aka nua at home) and I replied saying I wished I could do that as well and had been a while since I really done so.

I guess today I did it. And the feel was great! :)

No comments: