So what exactly is platonic friendship? How do one distinguish platonic friendship from love? Do platonic friendship exist in the first place? Can it be maintain without the 2 people ending up together in love? Guess it differs from people to people huh?
I think it's possible. I see 2 of my friends maintaining a pretty good relationship with each other for the past few years. They know alot about each other... their likes and dislikes. When one is unhappy, the other knows. Somehow there's an unspoken mutual understanding between the 2. It works for them, and it's nice to see them laughing and joking wif each other, and the occasional eye contact and half smiles which are the only signs to betray them of the secrets they shared.
I'm not sure if it works for me. Coz I kinda had a crush on (love is not the right word) my first platonic friend. Or so i thot she was. Maybe it's the timing at which i knew her. Perhaps she was there when i really needed someone to talk to. And she was there simply to lend a listening ear.
My fren once asked me, "So how do u know when u like someone?" I gave a long list of answers to her, but in the end, it's all about feelings. Simply feelings. There's really no real answers to why we like someone. Rather, it's the comfortable feelings one gets from being close to that special someone. It may be mutual, then again it may be not.
Recently she just got attached. Im happy for her for finding the one she loves, and at the same time a little heartbroken for myself. But come to think of it, we both are still better off as friends.
I saw this quote which i like very much, and it goes...
"The hardest part in loving a person from a distance
is not being able to hold her hand
and embrace her tight
and tell her how much you love her
- because you are only a friend."
No comments:
Post a Comment