Sunday, June 20, 2004

True loyal friends or hi-bye friends?

Recently one of the guys in my uni bunch was pondering over this. So after 4 years of uni together, how many are thick/thin friends and how many are hi/bye ones? My conclusion is... at the end of the day, all the frens that are left keeping in contact are the ones that i can say are true frens.

But come to think of it, frenship works both ways. On one hand we may blame the other for not keeping in contact, then perhaps we ourselves can make the first move? I'm not blaming or accusing this guy of anything. I m juz expanding my thots on the issue he was thinking about.

It may be true that some friends oni appear when they needed help and can't careless when we are in trouble? Is it true? Or it is because we didn't sound the alarm bell when we needed help? Maybe I'm naive, but im sure that frens whose lives i have touched or helped in a certain way will certainly repay the kindness when I m in trouble. All I need to do is ask, of coz that doesn't mean i shd ask for aid without trying to solve the problem myself first. i guess it's hard to distinguish when we really need external help. Everyone has their own battles everyday. Not many people will really take time to go around sensing their frens whether they needed help with any unsolvable problems.

I was surprised that my fren got really hurt abt this issue. But i was glad he shared wif me his troubles and he felt better after that. I guess sometimes all we need is a listening ear for us to pour out all the unhappiness. The interesting thing is often a time we are able to come up wif some solution to the probs we are facing. I guess thinking aloud helps very much.

And today gone by juz like that. Suppose to reformat a comp and get it working all over again, and practice my violin for tomorrow's lesson. But... the day juz passed so quickly. i think i need 48 hrs per day coz im so lazy to get things going.

Also, got myself a gymnasium ball. Whoohoo! Had fun juz sitting on it in front of comp. Partially is to correct my sitting posture, and to keep my balance on it. The ball always look squashed when i sit on it. Hope i dun burst it. Heh...

Peace to the world in this wee hours of a sunday morning... I'm signing off for now. Sweet dreams...

No comments: