Monday, February 13, 2006

A post, to my baby sister, I dedicate...

Just recently, I added a new ‘little baby sister’ into my ‘extended’ family of bros, brudders and sistas. Well, not that I have many… the rest, I would say, are those unspoken acknowledgements of ‘relations’ I guess. Anyway, I should say that this little sis of mine is very special to me. She’s one of those few friends whom I can click very well. Guess she’s one of the closer friends that I can turn to when I need a listening ear.

Interestingly, I got to know sis through a common friend of ours. And we kinda gotten to know each other better thru a certain particular online game, where we found out that we all were playing it only after we started (duh.. well, u know wat I mean)

Yes, I would say that I feel a certain attraction to her. For some qualities of her I find common between us, and also some qualities in her that I myself lacks. I can relate to her selflessness, and her loyalty to her relationships, and most of all, I admire her determination to chase after her dream, when all around her think otherwise about it. I thank my sister for those times when I wavered in my decisions, I can turn to her for advice. Perhaps because she had similar experiences? Or probably she’s more objective than me and can help me see things I chose to avoid looking. I guess I’m the more emotional one. For a while, I really hav no idea how to take care of a sibling, especially a young one, having come from a single child family myself. So I felt a little lost for a moment, and especially in this case when baby sister is ‘more than juz a family member’. I took to the idea of taking care of her as much as I can, and probably became overprotective and perhaps even gotten a little overly concerned over each and every step she makes. My concerns became my greatest flaw. One thing’s for sure, my little sister is hellava independent and capable little lass. ;)

I know I have to draw the line somewhere. She already has her partner in life, and I’m single (though still very much liking someone). Some may wonder if there’s a motive for me to be so close to her. But it doesn’t matter what others think as long as I know how I feel towards this relationship that I have wif my little sister.

We all know that I haven’t really given up on the feelings I have for a particular special someone. :) But surely, this is another story for another day.

No comments: