Thursday, June 26, 2008

May you rest in peace

It's shocking to hear of a sudden death to a friend of my age. Death is never a news (except for the previous post) we would like to hear about.

Truly, it was quite a sudden shock to hear that one of my friends died at such a young age. Having overcome some personal setbacks after 2 years, I believed he is working hard to lead back a normal life again. I was glad that things worked out for him. At some point in time, I was trying to get in touch with him again. But most of those I know also lost contact with him.

And sadly the next time I heard news about him, it was his untimely death. Having gone to the funeral wake earlier on in the evening, it was a strange feeling to see him lying in there. As I paid my last respects to him, I said a little prayer to God, that all of us living beings are in His hands. And for those who had left us and gone on up to heaven, may the Lord grant them peace from any sufferings and may the family move on with their lives until the day they meet again in heaven.

The cause of his passing was a viral infection to his lungs. A nagging cough that held on too long in him was the main problem that further developed into internal hemorrhaging and bleeding of the organs. The organs slowly shut down as the viral infection spread. That was the cause of the lung failure. By then he had vomited blood and had to be admitted into ICU. He never regained consciousness after that.

Looking at him lying peacefully in the coffin, it's hard to believe that he is no more. It felt like yesterday that all of us were in the Army together. Most of us always bully him for being the resident nerd in the group. And now, the same person we knew lies within there. Hands by his side. For a moment I wished it wasn't him, that it was a wax figure looking the same. But no, it is, sadly.

It has been a day since the wake is over. He was sent to the crematorium on Tuesday morning.

Rest in Peace, Bro. You'll always be in our hearts.

1 comment:

ella said...

Things happen.

It's takes strength for the living to move on. Remember the beautiful things and moments u had together.

That's all it matters.