Sunday, September 21, 2008

Am I capable as a 4th grader?

During my violin class on Thursday, my teacher announced that he would like to get us registered for our Grade 4 violin practical exam. And would like us to take the exam in March next year. The rest of the class was quite keen on the idea. I was having mixed feelings.

The first thing that came to mind was whether I'll have time to practice, given my current commitments. I know week by week I'd somehow end up with minimal time to practice. The other factor is the cost. Basically I was somewhat put off by the cost of the exam previously already. That was for grade 3 about 2 years back? Time flies. But anyway, I'm torn between the decision to stay and finish off Grade 4 or stop playing now, as in, take a break and not start on the exam pieces.

Well, my carpool colleague encouraged me to (at least) finish off the grade before quitting. She was partially right I guess. No matter, the final decision is still back onto myself. The question is whether or not I can cope with so many commitments on hand. And at the same time take up this challenge.

But then again, the outcome might be clear. If I am not seeing myself starting, then there's no sense in forcing myself in getting it done.

Hmm... Perhaps it's time to lighten the load.

1 comment:

shirl said...

oooo....if you need an accompanist.. holla...