Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I lost the truth about myself

How many times does a person get misunderstood in one lifetime? Perhaps a lifetime is way too long a time period. Certainly many misunderstandings will occur, be it a huge one or a minor one which often can be resolved when both sides tell their versions of the story.

I used to be quite bothered by every little misunderstandings that occured to me, be it through my faults or no faults of my own, and the impression that people have of me from that 'misunderstandings'. But over the years, I kinda stop letting such incidents bother me anymore. I answer to myself, and as long as I did no wrong, I do not hav to fear how others think of me. For those who are just another stranger on the streets, it's one in a 4 millionth chance that we'll meet up again. Even if we do, chances are that we'll see each other in a different light. For those whom I will see often, let time show them the real me, and misunderstandings will fade away.

Or so I thought.

Perhaps it hurts the most to know that those whom u think are the closest and those whom u trust sees u differently.

Yes it really hurts.

It hurts so much that suddenly it makes one ponders if one's character is really like the kind which everyone closest around sees it to be. One tends to lower all the guard and reveal the inner self to those around, and thats when they all see the real you inside. It's painful to know that I leave people with the impression that I have a hidden agenda when getting close to them. Which leads me to ask myself if i really do have such intents. And then I really dun know myself anymore. Maybe people around me see me more clearly than I do. Maybe I'm in denial over some 'agenda' I have set for myself and for the people who I meet.

Being misunderstood hurts.

The truth hurts too.

And being misundestood by the closest people around you, then realising that perhaps it wasn't a misunderstanding at all but rather, what they saw was actually the truth which you had cast away in denial, simply kills you

No comments: