After church in the morning, I headed home coz some frens are coming over to bake a cake together. It's a farewell cake for a fren leaving to work in the States (lucky him). And so, since we dun really know what we can get for him, we decided to make something for him.
We decided on baking a marble cake. Since butter was too plain and chocolate cake was too erm.. 'chocolatey' so we ended up wif a mixed cake.
Ave, Bibi, Cable and SM were the 4 who came over to my place. I thot the womenfolk knew what to do more than I do. Turned out, everyone was relying on my receipe i found on the net. (hehe...) Anyway, the receipe was good. Proportions were juz perfect. Juz that the mould I chose was too big. Turned out we had a 2 inch tall cake. It fluffed real nicely inside the oven, and it seems baked (when we poked it wif a satay stick and it came out cleanly) but kinda flatten after it cooled down. My guess was that we didn't fold it enuff hence not enuff air was trapped in it.
But then, it was a good try for our first time laying our hands on it. Juz that it took 10 hands to prepare a 10" wide, 2" thick marble brownie.
The food mixer at home is dead. Guess it's time i look for another one.
No comments:
Post a Comment